Wellness and Writing Connections edited by John Frank Evans, EdD (broadcast 3-19-2012) An informative and intriguing collection of essays, this book offers an engaging introduction to a field of study that includes the disciplines of writing, psychology, medicine, counseling and education. Beginning with two essays that review some of the research underpinnings for writing to heal, the collection goes on to include discussions of how writing poetry can aid in resolving painful issues, the values to be found in distance writing or in writing memoirs and more. Included also is an essay that offers tools and exercises for keeping a personal Healing Notebook. This is a book with something to offer for most everyone even if they have never written anything more than a grocery list. Find out more at Wellness and Writing.
Coming SoonApr. 21 - NC Focus on NC Poetry with guest Ruth Moose Apr. 28 - Focus on NC Speculative Fiction Two Hour Special with Samuel Montgomery-Blinn - guests Jen McConnel, Gray Rinehart and more May 5 - (tentative) Focus on NC Speculative Fiction - Jay Posey, Three May 12 - Lee Smith, Guests on Earth May 19 - Focus on NC Poetry with Sara Claytor May 26 - Krista Bremer, My Accidental Jihad June 2 - Focus on NC Speculative Fiction - Monica Byrne, The Girl in the Road June 9 - Alan Michael Parker, The Committee on Town Happiness, Novel June 16 - Focus on NC Poetry with Sara Claytor
What Listeners and Readers Are Saying
- For STAR WARS Day, Here’s a Song - Ghost Writer on The Latest from Carolina Book Beat: Gray Rinehart, Lex Wilson, and Jen McConnel
- Carolina Book Beat preview: Gray Rinehart, Lex Wilson, and Jen McConnel | Bull Spec on The Latest from Carolina Book Beat: Gray Rinehart, Lex Wilson, and Jen McConnel
- JenMcConnel on The Latest from Carolina Book Beat: Gray Rinehart, Lex Wilson, and Jen McConnel
- Friday Quick Updates: Beth Revis and Morgan Rhodes on Monday! One week ’til Doctorow! Two ’til Sanderson! « Bull Spec on The Latest from Carolina Book Beat
- Sam M-B on The Latest from Carolina Book Beat