Harry Loves Carrots by Laura Baldwin, illustrated by Andy Marlette (broadcast 12-19-2011) Based in a reclaimed, two hundred foot chicken house on a historic farm Garden in the Koop not only produces organic seeds, many that are heirloom, but also charming, colorful children’s books like Harry Loves Carrots, Harry Loves Turnips (Not) and others. Laura succeeds wonderfully in her aim of providing a tool for teaching children about healthy eating while having fun in The Giggling Garden. Check out Garden in the Koop for more information.
Coming SoonApr. 21 - NC Focus on NC Poetry with guest Ruth Moose Apr. 28 - Focus on NC Speculative Fiction Two Hour Special with Samuel Montgomery-Blinn - guests Jen McConnel, Gray Rinehart and more May 5 - (tentative) Focus on NC Speculative Fiction - Jay Posey, Three May 12 - Lee Smith, Guests on Earth May 19 - Focus on NC Poetry with Sara Claytor May 26 - Krista Bremer, My Accidental Jihad June 2 - Focus on NC Speculative Fiction - Monica Byrne, The Girl in the Road June 9 - Alan Michael Parker, The Committee on Town Happiness, Novel June 16 - Focus on NC Poetry with Sara Claytor
What Listeners and Readers Are Saying
- Carolina Book Beat - The Murverse Annex on The Latest on Carolina Book Beat: Jeremy Whitley
- June newsletter: MakerFaire, Noir at the Bar, ConTemporal, and the last week for Manly Wade Wellman Award nominations | Bull Spec on The Latest from Carolina Book Beat: Monica Byrne
- Interview on Carolina Book Beat « Lex Wilson on The Latest from Carolina Book Beat: Gray Rinehart, Lex Wilson, and Jen McConnel
- The Hardest Part: Jen McConnel | Bull Spec on The Latest from Carolina Book Beat: Gray Rinehart, Lex Wilson, and Jen McConnel
- May newsletter: Mary Robinette Kowal tonight (Monday), new books from David Drake and Monica Byrne, ConCarolinas with George R.R. Martin, and more | Bull Spec on The Latest from Carolina Book Beat: Jay Posey